Most of the “unpopular” opinions on this site are irrelevant and idiotic, and don’t even concern anything important in the real world. Nobody outside of tumblr cares about which John Green book is better, or how Pokémon novelty wears off. So, to rectify this, I have come up with a list of opinions which do, in fact, touch on real world issues. And I fully stand by each and every one of them.
- Race is not a social construct. Science has not, I repeat, NOT agreed on that, not by a long shot. Shoving a bunch of links from less or more credible sources in someone’s face as proof doesn’t make it true, and a few scientists with doctorates supporting it don’t make it true, either. You can find some guys with PhD.s supporting pretty much any fringe theory in existence. Until the general consensus points toward race being a social construct, it’s not. There is still tons more evidence for race being a biological issue. You can start by reading up on race and genetics, and deal with it.
- Religion is, in fact, completely retarded. Every single argument for it has been debunked and ploughed over repeatedly, and the only reasons people still act like there might be something to it are stupidity, wilful ignorance, or political correctness. “One man with an imaginary friend is a lunatic, a bunch of them are a sect, and millions are a religion” is completely true. It needs to be eradicated in order for the human race to move forward. Oh, and calling someone a “fedora wearing, neckbearded MLP lover” is not an argument. It’s a washed up, overused insult, and only serves to make you seem more stupid.
- People who get results under 120 on an IQ test are stupid. While 100 points might be the average, it doesn’t in any way mean that under 100 is dumb, and over 100 is smart. In fact, 120 is where actual intelligence starts to show. Being 100-120 makes you slightly above average, which is far from smart.
- Democracy is an obvious failure. Due to the majority of people being dumb, wilfully ignorant, and happily uninformed (because, you know, it’s sooooo hard to read up on things), this political system is doomed from the beginning. How can you expect to have a competent, high-quality government, when the people who vote often go by whoever believes in Jesus, whoever promises them more welfare, or whoever seems like a nice guy, with no regards for politics themselves. People need an authoritarian regime to make decisions for them. Absolute monarchy is the way to go.
- But since we do, in fact, have democracy (mostly - hello, Russia!), there should at least be a test. Every citizen with the desire to vote should be sat down, given one test of overall intelligence, and one test of political knowledge (current events, history, principles of different ideologies, and so on). If they pass, they’re given a voting card to present when going to cast their vote. If they fail, they just can’t vote, simple as that. Why should a dumb redneck whose only concern is shooting beer cans and jumping in mud have the same voting power as an informed, intelligent, politically active citizen?
- Also, old people shouldn’t be allowed to vote. There is a minimum age limit (18 in my country), so why not a maximum? The lower age limit is due to kids being inherently too inexperienced and uninformed to vote. Well, an 87 year old grandma with Alzheimer’s, who can’t even hear and see half the time shouldn’t be allowed to vote, either. As soon as you hit 60, most of the short-term changes in politics don’t really affect you. And the long-term ones? You’ll be dead in 10, 20, or 30 years, maximum. What do you care? Stop screwing up our countries by voting for crap parties, you senile, backwards grumps.
- We are not all equal. As much as you would probably like to believe it, it’s just not true, and it can be proven by evidence. And it is insulting for many people to be called “equal” to all others. Or do you think a crack whore, dragging her skanky feet through a train station, shouting at people and telling them to give her money, otherwise she’ll stab them, is equal to a surgeon, who spends his life saving other people’s lives, pays taxes, cares for his family, and helps others? No, these two people are not, in fact, equal. And while I’ve chosen extreme examples, they should only serve to illustrate a point. Even lesser differences make us unequal.
- Eugenics is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with wanting a genetically good, non-bastardized population. If you’re pregnant, you find out your kid will have a disability that is going to make him a burden to people his whole life, and you can still abort it but don’t, you’re irresponsible, and shouldn’t be allowed to have any more kids. And disabled people shouldn’t have kids in general, as there is a larger or smaller chance with many disabilities that they will be passed on to the children.
- If you identify as a “genderfluid, two-spirit, pansexual werewolf otherkin”, and want to be referred to as “xirs”, get help.
- People have no obligation to like how you look. If you choose to shoot piercings all over your face, get a tramp stamp, and wear a mohawk, don’t run around complaining how people are all stupid, because they don’t love it. They don’t have to, and it’s your problem to deal with.
- Multi-culturalism is a failure. It has been identified as such by European leaders after years of shoving immigrants from Asia and Africa into our faces. Mixing is not good for anyone, and if you’re not originally from this culture, and expect it to bend to your will just because you find some of its customs offensive, stay the hell home.
- Fat pride is ridiculous, and it’s just an excuse for laziness. And no, you don’t have a thyroid problem. If you had a thyroid problem, you’d go to a doctor and get medication that, ironically, helps you lose weight, among other things. You’re just lazy. Also, obese people are not beautiful. They are gross. And you can shove the “it used to be the idea of beauty” argument somewhere, too, because it never was. Not obesity. Curves were. Huge, fat blobs weren’t.
- The death penalty is not inhumane, and should be used in all countries. For one, the prisons are overcrowded with human filth like child rapists and mass murderers, and we, the tax payers, are basically paying for their lives with our money. And also, if there is irrefutable evidence (DNA, admission of guilt, solid footage, etc.), if it is absolutely clear that the person is guilty, and there is no way it can be a judicial error, just strap them into the chair and let them sparkle.
- The European borders should be closed to people from other cultures. We’ve been the front lines for ethnic violence, crime and hate coming from immigrants for the past 20 years, and it shouldn’t continue. Seriously, if you’re a dumb bimbo from the US, shouting “racism against whites doesn’t exist” on tumblr, come live here for a while, let’s see how you’re going to like Muslims beating you up, because you weren’t covered while walking through your own city, or black guys ganging up on you and wanting you to suck their dicks, because you’re a pretty white girl. This, and a lot of other things like this, are day to day life for a lot of people here. You have no idea.
- People who don’t read books should not be allowed to speak.
- Junkies don’t deserve any sort of compassion or mercy. They deserve to be cast out, locked up, and separated from society. No need to spend money on their rehabilitation. The society didn’t get them into their mess, and it therefore has no obligation to get them out of it.
- Severely retarded people (I mean the type that just sits there and dribbles, like the kid born with no brain) should be euthanised.
- Stacking some trash onto a pile, making a dot on a white canvas, or throwing some metal bars on top of each other is not art. Stop trying to make it about representing something deep and profane. No. And stop claiming people who don’t like it just “don’t get it because they’re stupid”, that’s just an idiotic excuse. I could smear my shit on a wall, call it art, and call you dumb, because you don’t get how it’s a representation of the blank human mind being stained by the corrupt and shitty world of today. See? Easy.
- People who claim to be “triggered”, and seriously use “trigger warning” as if it was a thing (stop trying to make it happen), are a perfect symbol of our over-sensitive culture. Harden the fuck up, what are you, a little kid? You’re and adult, deal with things instead of whining about them.
- Same goes for the “I’m offended” crowd. So the fuck what? Stop crying.
TL;DR - Yeah, not doing that. If you need everything shortened and dumbed down, you shouldn’t be allowed on the Internet, idiot.
"Oh, you’re sooooo edgy-" shut up. Wrap your mind around the fact that people can actually hold these opinions, they are not invalid just because you don’t like them, and we don’t think or say it just to be edgy.